Wednesday, 25 May 2016

Book Review: Talon by Julie Kagawa

Why I read this: I've never read any of Kagawa's books, but they are quite popular. I saw this was available from the library on audio and the synopsis sounded interesting

Genre: Young Adult Fantasy


In a Nutshell: Dragons, love triangle, fight for good v evil


Would suit fans of: Marie Lu and Sarah J Maas


  Talon (Talon, #1)Talon by Julie Kagawa

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

This reminded me of Legend but with dragons. I suppose it was the rotating POVs between the male and female main characters and the idea of fighting for something and then discover that perhaps you are actually the enemy.

Talon is the first book I have read by Kagawa and I thought it was a solid, if formulaic, YA Fantasy novel. At times the female MC really got on my nerves, but I also think it was probably a realistic portrait of a naive 16 year old girl. The love triangle is nicely set for book 2 and I think this is an easy series to like and read, even if predictable.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...