Thursday, 12 May 2016

Book Review: No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July

No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July

Why I read this: For a reading challenge I needed a book with a yellow cover. They are surprisingly difficult to find! Even more so when you need a yellow cover that also starts with N!


Genre: Contemporary Fiction, Short Stories


In a Nutshell: Short stories, foul language and general 18+ content, author narrates audio


Would suit fans of: Possibly Jenny Lawson


Rating: 2 stars

Find more about this book on Goodreads here



Review:
I'm wavering between 2 and 3 stars because some of these stories were really funny, off-beat and original. Others were just crass and unnecessary.
One of the things I didn't like about the audio version is that Miranda narrates it herself (which I usually LOVE it when authors do that), but because they are short stories, and she keeps the same almost monotone voice for every MC it means the stories can just slide into each other and some of them seemed a bit too much same-same.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...