Monday, 30 May 2016

Book Review: Magic Bitter, Magic Sweet by Charlie N. Holmberg

Why I read this: Requested and received via NetGalley. I was unsure about getting it because her Paper Magician series had so much potential, but a main character that ruined the books.

Genre: Fantasy


In a Nutshell: Magic, some violence, romance


Would suit fans ofAimee Bender and Amie Kaufman


Magic Bitter, Magic SweetMagic Bitter, Magic Sweet by Charlie N. Holmberg
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Marie is 24 with no knowledge of her past, but discovers she can bake emotions into food. Soon she starts to have memories flash back which seem to be from a life so different from her own.

This was a very interesting concept, and a really creative story. I just found it too slow and I really had to push myself through to the conclusion. Holmberg has so much potential that I probably will continue to read her books, even though I always find myself a little frustrated with them.

Thanks to NetGalley for providing me with a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...