Friday, 20 May 2016

Book Review: Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier

Why I read this: It is book three in the trilogy and these books work really well for reading challenges. In this case, I needed a green cover that also started with E or had a character with a name starting with E. So.. tada!

Genre: Young Adult Sci-Fi / Fantasy

In a Nutshell: Time travel, conspiracy theories (need to save the world), romance is insta-love


Would suit fans ofMarissa MeyerSarah Rees Brennan, Gail Carriger


Rating: 2 stars



Emerald Green (Ruby Red Trilogy, #3)Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Just when I didn't think Gier could make Gwendolyn any more irritating, along came book three.
This series had so much potential, but was really a great idea poorly executed.
I'm sure there are loads of people that love the "Insta-Love" stuff, but add to that the ENDLESS babbling about it from our main character and it really ruined this book for me. I also agree with some other reviews, that it really didn't feel like there was enough material for three books, and so this one dragged quite a bit.

I still think this could be made into a very good TV series with the right casting and some good screenwriters to make Gwendolyn much more likeable. Also, to try and extend the time period as all of these events over 3 books supposedly happen in only a week?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...