Thursday, 19 May 2016

Book Review: Earthly Delights by Kerry Greenwood

Why I read this: I loved the Phryne Fisher series and was intrigued to read more of Greenwood's work

Genre: Cozy mystery


In a Nutshell: Strong female heroine, Melbourne setting, interesting characters


Would suit fans of: Charlaine Harris, Janet Evanovich


Rating: 4 stars


Find more about this book on Goodreads here


Review:
Having read an loved the Phryne Fisher books, I started this with trepidation. Could Greenwood really make another series with the same level of fun and humour ? Well, the answer is, absolutely!

Corinna is a fantastic heroine. She is a mature woman who is self confident, funny, runs her own bakery and loves her cat. She is also surrounded by some pretty off-beat characters which combined together makes for a great read. There are a few comparisons with Phryne (independent woman, open minded, loves to take baths), but the time period being completely different creates a whole new setting and personality for this new MC.

For what I think is a perfect way to sum up this book, check out Teri-K's review here. I'm looking forward to continuing the series!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...