Tuesday, 17 May 2016

Book Review: Mary Bennet by Jennifer Paynter

Why I read this: I read a review for this a few years ago and it intrigued me as an alternate viewpoint to Pride and Prejudice

Genre: Historical Fiction, Retellings


In a Nutshell: A retelling (or is that fan fiction?) of 
Pride and Prejudice all from Mary's point of view

Would suit fans of: Jane Austen


Rating: 3.5 stars


Find more about this book on Goodreads here



Review:
I enjoyed this take on Pride and Prejudice which is all from Mary's point of view. Although she really only has two main scenes in the original novel,so the author has quite a bit of freedom to create a life for her during this time period. New characters and storylines were provided that sat outside of the purview of Elizabeth and Jane and that also meant that thank fully we were saved from too much of Mr Collins and Lady Catherine De Bourgh!

A lovely book for fans.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...