Genre: Sci-Fi
In a Nutshell: Political saga, futuristic
Would suit fans of: I won't suggest any as I'm not a big Sci-Fi reader
Infomocracy by Malka Ann OlderMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
I think this is a case of "It's not you, it's me".
I'm not a big Sci-Fi reader and I enjoy character driven novels. A book like this really isn't about the characters, but more about the world and, in this case, the election.
As much as I tried, this book just felt like a chore to read. I couldn't stay focused and couldn't really engage. This is probably also because you are just thrown in from the start and it is difficult to get a grasp on what is happening and why. Many times at the start I went back and read the synopsis and other reviews to try and get my head around the purpose of the book and the characters. I guess this is where a prologue and a character list, and a list of the parties and their goals, would have been really helpful.
In the end, I could appreciate the author's purpose and ideas to put this novel together, but I think this is one for true Sci-Fi fans.
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment