Dear Thing by Julie CohenMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
I'm sure from the synopsis you can already see this is going to be a difficult book. Ben and Claire have been trying for six years to have a baby and every attempt and intervention has failed. Although we aren't there for this emotional roller-coaster, we get given a great insight into the aftermath on their emotional well-being and relationship. It is, naturally, heart breaking.
Romily is Ben's best friend since College and one drunken evening declares she will be their surrogate, using her egg and Ben's sperm.
I found this book so hard to put down because I was so intrigued and curious as to how Cohen would be able to manage this seemingly impossible situation. I loved the characters and felt for all of them, and just like The Day Of Second Chances I was swept into their lives.
The ending wasn't quite satisying, and I still had a lot of questions about what happens next, but I also don't know how this kind of story could be ended in another way.
Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment