Sunday, 11 December 2016

Book review: Don't Mean a Thing by Renee Conoulty

Don't Mean a Thing (Got That Swing, #1)Don't Mean a Thing by Renee Conoulty
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

There's nothing quite like a book that you can start and finish with a smile!
Macie is in her early 30s and has decided on a career change into the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF). She has finished her training and just arrived in Darwin to start her new life in the military. There is so much to like about Macie. She is genuine with her friendships, strong in her beliefs and just plain likeable.
I loved the juxtaposition of swing dancing and military life. I don't know much about either and I found the descriptions so interesting. It was also refreshing to have a female character in the military, but without gender issues ever coming into the storyline.
Lastly, I loved the descriptions of Darwin and the author's unapologetic use of Australian slang. It may require a dictionary for some overseas readers, but I found it encapsulated "small town" Australian dialogue perfectly.
A fantastic novel for anyone wanting a nice romance with wonderful realistic characters. A perfect read while sitting in the sun with a muffin and a cup of tea :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...